WELCOME AND ENJOY READING!!!


Just a little bit of everything, thoughts, dreams, hopes, experiences... whatever i can think of really!
I was thinking of using this as my "travel diary"...
so friends and family (and who ever is interested) knows where abouts i am and what i'm doing...
I apologize before hand for, spelling errors and such, and for not opdating it on a regular basis, but as a sailor, my access to the Internet is depending on where in the world I am and not always existing... But i'll do it whenever i get the chance... deal? good!
thanks for understanding...
oh and by the way... i write this in English for some dark reason, maybe to practice...?
*Ninon


Monday, March 10, 2008

Back at work

I'm back in the grind... but eh i just want to tell you about the last night in Mexico...
it was absolutely amazing!!!! by far one of the best in Mexico!!!
oh my oh my.... where to start???
i did get a book, Chuck Palahniuk's "Stranger than fiction"... (I haven't started yet)

Anyway, i'll dream my way back to my last day in Mexico City and see if i can tell you the story!

I'll try to start where i left, I walked around for a bit, just where evere my feet was taking me... After a few hours i got hungry, you do after all that walking and seeing, so i went to the Salon Corona to get one of my favorite tacos, just as a last one before leaving, i forgot it was saturday, so there must have been 200 others with the same idea so people where lined up in the street to get a seat... but eh lucky me, somebody at the bar noticed i was alone so they offered me a chair at the bar, even better than a table, so i sat down ordered my taco pastor and a beer... just a small one with salt and lime... it only took a few minutes then i was chatting with the guy sitting next to me, so i had another taco (they're small)... An older lady, her daughter and the daughters 2 friends took the corner, standing on the street ordering, so i helped them out, passing lime for their beers, napkins ekstra chilli, guacamole and whatever you need when eating tacos... soon i found myself having a very funny conversation with the lady, Celia the rest joined in, we had more tacos, more beer and more fun!!! When she found out that my middle name was Josefina like her daughter, she was sure that we where meant to meet! and she gave me her address and told me, that next time i come to Mexico city i should come stay at her house, she would cook me some proper mexican food and her daughter, Josefina and her friends could show me around!!!
It turned out that Josefina's friends, Aldo and whats her name?? was like children for Celia, and as she said she had love enough for one more... As i was talking to Josefina and Aldo, (the last girl hardly said anything, and i never got her name) about going out in Mexico City i had to admit that I hadn't really tried it... 1,2,3 i was invited to join them the same evening! They walked me back to my hostel, i had a shower and a little nap and put on the nicest clthes i could find in my backpack... luckily i bought a really nice shirt the same day, so had something else than just a t-shirt... As i was waiting for them i felt so happy, they gave me such a nice feeling, a feeling of being with good friends, even though we've never met before... When they came I was standing outside talking to some other people i met earlier that day, a bunch of backpackers discussing where to go next... When they saw Josefina all dresses up, walking straight through the crowd to give me a big hug and tell me that the cars was waiting, they could hardly stop looking, 1, because she looked great, another beautiful mexican girl. 2. because they knew that i hardly knew her and i guess they wondered why/how i dared to trust a bunch of mexicans to take me out and bring me back safely!!! well there wasn't any doubt in my mind that i could trust them. So i happily went with them... We got to this fancy nightclub, a guy parked our cars and we got in front of the line, because Aldo knew the right people, I felt like a superstar!!! got guided trough the crowd and got a table and a bottle of overprized, but imported Vodka!!! I had a great time, the 6 of us, laughed and danced all night, i tried so hard to speak spanish, oh my god, do i wish i also spoke it fluently like the rest of my family... well we maneged, and at one point, i just talked, not caring to much about how wrong it must have sounded...
I got invited to Josefina's wedding in August (My only wish for my birthday is a ticket to Mexico in august, i checked, I am off) that could be so much fun...!!! i would love that!
I got back around 6o'clock in the morning, happy, happy, happy!!!
I slept for only a few hours because 2 girls in my room got up, packed and left before 10!!! so eh i got up as well, showered and packed...
Went down, met some of the backpackers from the day before, talked for a bit, prepared myself for going to the airport, when Aldo walked trough the door!!! He thought it was the only right thing to do, take me out for lunch and drive me to airport, after all I was now one Celia's Daughters, so in some strange way where now family!!! Okay, i had no complaints, even though i was a bit hungover, it sounded like a great idea to have something to eat before going back here.
We went for the very last Tacos at Salon Corona, and then he drove me to the airport!!! Service!
When we got there it started raining, like if somebody opened the fossets and wanted a shower... at some point even with thunder and lightning... As Aldo said, the city is very ugly when it rains like that, so it was Mexico's way of saying, No Te Vayas!!!!
Well i didn't wanted to leave... I really didn't! And oh my god, do i ,miss it!!! can hardly wait to go back, hopefully in August, at least for a few weeks!!!

I was standing in the airport hugging my blanket (my new best friend) thinking about all the things that had happened in Mexico, and i total i loved it!!! i would do it all over again if i could!!!

I had a boring flight, with a lot of turbulens to LAX (i know my itinerary was insane) a few hours to kill at the airport befor my next flight, by then i was hungry again, but my only options was a Mexican place and a Mc D... I guessed that the mexican place would be terribly disappointing, so i went to the Mac, knowing what i was gonna get, deepfried cardboard with too much ketchup and maybe a stomach ache when i was done... That's exactly what i got!!!
So my next flight was not to great, stomach ache and an aisle seat next to a couple that combined took up their own seats and the larger part of mine, they had to put the armrest up otherwise they wouldn't fit in the seats! I'm sorry to say this, but it's not really fair that i only have half my seat and have to sit even more uncomfortable than normal so that they can fit their fat asses in theirs. hmm anyway i made it to Washington DC where i only had about an hour... so i thought i had to give up the idea of smoking a cigarette, but to my great surprise they had a smoking area, in an American airport!!!! CRAZY!!
so i was happy to board my last flight from DC to St. Shithole even more happy when i found out that we where only 25 pax on the airplane, it fitted 138!!!! So my blanket and I was fast a sleep before take-off taking up 3seats!!! i slept all the way and woke up when the pilot announced that we were approaching the Island....
I called the ship, the rhib was on it's way to the airport, so i walked down to the dinghy dock and had an icecold "Carib" while waiting!
Got back to the ship and i must admit it was a bit overwhelming with all theese people that i knew... i just got used to be anonymous... Had a great dinner ashore with Pernille and passed out before midnight, by then i had been on my way for about 36hours...
Next morning Bright and early we started working at 7 had a siesta from 12-14 and finished at 18... I was not in the mood for working at all, so i was lucky to do a lot of tendering between the ship-shore that day!
I'm still not really in the mood, even though i had half a day of the other day and we don't work too hard... in my siesta's i crash in the sun dreaming of Mexico!!! if i try hard enough it's almost like being there...

Tuesday morning we leave this place and head for Bahamas and the US... Can hardly wait to get under way and set sail, maybe then i'll get back to a place of mind where i actually enjoy my work and being back onboard!!!
Until then, i drag my self out of my bed, still sleeping with my blanket, not ready to let it go yet!!! luckily the days pass relatively quick!!!
Soon we'll be in the US and I'm looking forward to Baltimore, NYC and Boston and primarely the crossing back!!! so i guess that soon i'll be happy that i'm here...

well now i gotta go, the last tender back to the ship is in 15minutes.... Pernille and I found a cafe wtih wi-fi so we've been sipping café Latte with Bailey's and netsurfing!!! Not bad at all!!!
A very nice to spend our evening, but now i have to go...
Keep your heads up high and your feet warm!!! i'll be home before you know it...

*Ninon

oh by the way, i finally finished "Snow" a fantastic book....

1 comment:

Steen said...

I am still smiling Josefina, you are a marvellous writher.
Hugs
Steen