WELCOME AND ENJOY READING!!!


Just a little bit of everything, thoughts, dreams, hopes, experiences... whatever i can think of really!
I was thinking of using this as my "travel diary"...
so friends and family (and who ever is interested) knows where abouts i am and what i'm doing...
I apologize before hand for, spelling errors and such, and for not opdating it on a regular basis, but as a sailor, my access to the Internet is depending on where in the world I am and not always existing... But i'll do it whenever i get the chance... deal? good!
thanks for understanding...
oh and by the way... i write this in English for some dark reason, maybe to practice...?
*Ninon


Friday, March 28, 2008

Surinam River 23rd of Jan.2008

At Anchor, Suriname River 23 Jan.2008

Again we sailed fast, so we arrived here yesterday, 4 days ahead of schedule, time for some full-on maintenance, we where sailing close hold, all the way, which means we had a constant heel of about 20* some times more sometimes less, but it’s very tiring not being able to walk in a straight line everything you do takes a lot of energy, just sitting down to eat can be such a hassle… on top of that not too much sleep… today I’m absolutely wasted! I was actually off last night, but I stayed on deck talking for just a little too long, I was in bed before midnight, but I now regret I wasn’t in bed before dinner! We are now in the so called “tropical watches” which is, like most things in life, both good and bad… we start working at 7o’clock, which is very, very bad. The only good thing about is that the temperature is acceptable, but the bad thing is we’re not awake enough to get any work done!!! We have HOT lunch!!!! On deck, who wants to eat pork chops and mashed potatoes at noon when it’s at least 35* and the humidity is absolutely ridiculous?? so eh nice! After lunch a small siesta, and then dinner at 18… to give you an idea of what I’m doing, the diversity of my job. This is what I did today!

6.15 1st wake-up call
6.43 Tumbled out my bed. Very confused and a bit late
6.58 On deck with a cup of tea, ready for the daily info from the Captain
7.09 Inside Cleaning, toilets, showers…. Etc
8.06 Check that my watch had cleaned properly
8.09 Explain my watch how to clean with their eyes open
8.25 Tripple check while doing the dishes.
8.40 still not good enough, but couldnøt be bothered to bitch about it any more.
8.53 prepare for coffee break, (read, making tea and coffee and carry it all up on deck
9.30 SmoCo (Smokes and Coffee)
9.42 Carry dirty dishes down and wash it… + whatever dishes the cooks might have
10.32 finish of a mast inspection, so harness on and up climbing
11.17 Write it all down for the Bosun
11.30 Prepare for lunch on deck
12.04 Lunch break
12.32 Since I was on watch I had to do the dishes so I did, including cleaning the galley
14.30 I baked fresh rugbrød (Danish bread)
15.07 Helped the cook a bit, with preparing some extra goodies for dinner.
15. 25 Back on deck teaching a new guy some knots
16.05 SmoCo
16.26 Prepared the RHIB
17.03 Crashed in my bunk… ZZzzz
17.40 Back on deck, dinner!
18.02 First tender ashore
19.03 Tender ashore
20.00 Tender ashore
21.05 Tender ashore
22.07 Tender ashore
23.04 Last tender back to the ship… unfortunately, the 3 tenders before that there was nobody, so I had to do 3 and everybody was pissed drunk…
00.05 Put the RHIB back on deck, platform back in…
00.25 Zzz at last….!!!

Pyh long day…. Good night!!!

3 comments:

Gabs said...

Hey Mermaiden!
At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot and even though I have a strong suspicion of what it might be, could you please tell all us landlubbers; WHAT THE HECK IS A RHIB ???
Lots of love from Gabriela

Steen said...

Hey Mom.
I didn't know either - but found it here:
http://www.geocities.com/dk_special_operations_forces/rhib.html

So now we are to, who ain't fools any more.
Steen
..and a little bit of love to the mermaid.

Steen said...

sorry, here is the whole line:
http://www.geocities.com/dk_special
_operations_forces/rhib.html