WELCOME AND ENJOY READING!!!


Just a little bit of everything, thoughts, dreams, hopes, experiences... whatever i can think of really!
I was thinking of using this as my "travel diary"...
so friends and family (and who ever is interested) knows where abouts i am and what i'm doing...
I apologize before hand for, spelling errors and such, and for not opdating it on a regular basis, but as a sailor, my access to the Internet is depending on where in the world I am and not always existing... But i'll do it whenever i get the chance... deal? good!
thanks for understanding...
oh and by the way... i write this in English for some dark reason, maybe to practice...?
*Ninon


Friday, March 28, 2008

Better late than never... Surinam river 29th of Jan.2008

At anchor Surinam River (in front of the presidents house) 29 Jan. 2008-01-30


As you can see we’re still at anchor on the river, tomorrow is my last working day! Tonight is my last night watch, it’s not that late, I’m again the designated RHIB driver, tendering crew ship/shore and back again, I guess it will another long day… but fu*** it as mentioned, tomorrow is my last day, so I will survive. Next tender is in 15minutes.
Leaving this country to go to Mexico City is going to be difficult, I’ve had a hard time getting a ticket, I still don’t have any, but luckily the Bosun is working on it, since he’s going the same way.
Maybe I’ll be on my way the 4th, I hope! If so we’re gonna rent a car and drive around for 2days, exploring, adventure, maybe a glance at some full on rainforest! Not bad at all! Hehe it’s gonna be fun, the Crazy Cook, the bosun and me! I’m ready for it and up for anything that smells like adventure… but the first night I’m gonna rest, sleep. Sleep, sleep! I found a nice little guesthouse with a little swimmingpool!!! Great! A night or 2 there and then I’m rested and ready for what ever.
Oh it’s time to go, there might be somebody waiting for me at the quay! I can always hope at least!

Oh my good the captain, is on deck… I better look busy, but then again, I’ve been busy all day so even though I’m officially still on deck working it’s accepted to take it easy as long as something gets done, so eh as always after a rain shower we wipe it off to prevent the big drops off water to make air bubbles in our nice varnish. It’s a shitty job, (there’s so many varnish surfaces) but somebody’s gotta do it! And since I’m on watch, it’s me…
Oh it’s time for another tender…
Laterrrrs

15 minutes later, I’m already back again, there was nobody to pick up, so eh I guess they’ll all be there for the last tender at 23, so eh another late night! Tomorrow is even worse, an evening sail, from 16-24 on my last working day!!!! Totally not fair, but then again, we’ve been here for a long time and in total we only have 3 events, so eh we’re not complaining. We even had the time to have an entire day off! Very nice, I really enjoyed it even though it was on a Sunday. Which of course is a bit boring when everything is closed, but since we couldn’t do anything really, we decided (oh gotta go)

I’m back again, but only to say I’ll be back when ever I get the time, I’m off now, I want a cold a beer a chitchat with the rest and then off to bed.

But eh stay tuned, for a little bit longer, more will come, I promise!!!

*Ninon

No comments: