WELCOME AND ENJOY READING!!!


Just a little bit of everything, thoughts, dreams, hopes, experiences... whatever i can think of really!
I was thinking of using this as my "travel diary"...
so friends and family (and who ever is interested) knows where abouts i am and what i'm doing...
I apologize before hand for, spelling errors and such, and for not opdating it on a regular basis, but as a sailor, my access to the Internet is depending on where in the world I am and not always existing... But i'll do it whenever i get the chance... deal? good!
thanks for understanding...
oh and by the way... i write this in English for some dark reason, maybe to practice...?
*Ninon


Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Crossing april 2008

Night between 19-20 April 2008 North Atlantic

We’ve only been on our way for almost 4days. But we’re already pretty beat… we’ve had a mix between no wind, lots of wind from all directions, mostly the wrong one and not a crinkle on the surface to big 2-3m waves… it means setting sail, taking them away, going aloft stowing, going up to unfurl, set them again , take them away…and so on and so on. It was okay to begin with, now I don’t care too much, I just wanna sleep! and so it has been for the last days! Right now, we have head winds, a lot of swell and rain!!! It is absolutely horrible, very boring and so,so tiring. We’ve had a few persons down with seasickness, even a QM and an AB, so some watches have been very “weak” the last days, which of course means a lot more work for the rest of us.
I’m okay, haven’t been seasick or anything, I’m just very,very tired and wish I could be sleeping in a hammock right now… my bunk is not super comfortable when the ship dances like she’s doing now. I’m actually on watch, but there ain’t much to do, so we’re “standing by” in the longroom, waiting for either some action or to go back to our bunks. I prefer the last! But eh that’s not gonna anytime soon, I still have more than 2hours to go…

I’ve heard many stories about how tough this crossing can be, especially since we cross so high up North, but it’s not that bad, if only we didn’t roll this much… but we’ve still got a about 2 weeks to go, so eh everything can happen, nothing is certain. I just want to get there in a hurry, so I can get off the ship and go home.

Oh well I’ll take a little powernap here on the bench… relieve the lookout in 30minutes and then I can slowly start to clean cups, brew fresh coffee and stuff like that… if i take it really easy, I can make it last an hour and by that, keep myself busy with something… anything to stay awake!!!

No comments: